HiFiSoundConnection - Stay away unless you like to lose money

I'd offer zero stars if it were a choice. They have a strong ebay presence, so if there is a way to steer people away from them over there, that'd also be a plus. I ordered (through their website, not ebay) 3 items in total, for around $200. The first item was a 5 channel amplifier for my car which a few days later I received an email stating that their "last item" was "damaged" and that I could get a different amplifier for a mere "$10 upcharge". I figured this was bait and switch, but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. I just asked them to cancel that part of the order, and they did. They refunded me the entire price of the item minus about a dollar, but I wasn't going to squabble over that. The 2-channel component speakers I ordered came in and look just fine, but I also ordered a 4-channel line output converter and received a 2-channel converter. I immediately (before even opening the packaging) sent them an e-mail, the requested pictures, etc. They sent back to me, "we'd like to offer you a $10 store credit on your next purchase." Right. Like I'm ever going to order from these folks again. After going back and forth with them for over a week now exchanging emails, and finally just asking for a refund of the purchase since it was obvious they weren't ever going to send me my 4-channel converter, they have stopped responding whatsoever.

I'm now filing with the FTC (non-receipt of ordered item), the BBB, and going to places like here, in an effort to steer people away from their business.

STAY AWAY from these guys.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.